Find out all about our annual Thornton Heath In Bloom competition, or click here to check out this year’s winners.
Everyone in Thornton Heath is invited to take part in this year’s In Bloom competition. (Update: now closed until 2023)
Download the leaflet here.
WHAT IS ‘IN BLOOM’?
There are 4 categories to choose from, with judges looking for the best, most varied, bee & butterfly-friendly planting in Thornton Heath, with a bonus point for water-saving ideas.
WHY SHOULD I GET INVOLVED?
- Planted areas with an increase in a sense of pride have been linked to lower rates of fly-tipping, vandalism, and reduced anti-social behaviour.
- Attracting wildlife with plants and flowers can help boost local biodiversity and tackle air pollution, which is especially important in urban areas like ours.
- Gardening has connections with better mental and physical health.
- Your planting will contribute to the wellbeing of everyone passing by.
- It’s a fun community project, and although it’s the taking part that counts, there are also fabulous prizes to be won!
SHARING IS CARING
If you’d like to take part, but don’t have the resources, why not team up with a neighbour to adopt a tree pit or planter on your street. If you have spare pots, soil, plants etc that could benefit someone wishing to take part, please reach out to them, or get in touch with us.
CATEGORIES& ENTRY DETAILS
ENTER BY 1ST JULY
Judging will take place between 2nd and 9th July.
Each entrant will be invited to the Awards Ceremony on the evening of 12th July at St Andrew’s Church CR7 7RD, so please make sure we have your details to contact you with more information nearer the time.
- Front Gardens
- Concrete Front Spaces (pots, planters, hanging baskets)
- Street Planters or Tree Pit Planting
- Frontage of Groups, Organisations, Businesses (including schools, churches, pubs)
All the details can be found on this leaflet and the lovely Averil has also volunteered to answer your questions via email: firstname.lastname@example.org
If you would like advice on how to go about adopting a tree pit, a preloved pavement planter, or making a planter of your own to enter, please reach out to us & we’ll help in any way we can. email@example.com
We would like to say a huge THANK YOU to CR7 residents Cassandra and Laurence, and Aski and Pizza Time for your wonderfully generous donations for this year’s prizes.
We would really love and appreciate some help before and after the award ceremony on the evening of the 12th July. Nothing strenuous, just some help with decorating and setting up the hall (St Andrew’s CR7), then clearing up with us afterwards. If you would like to help, please drop Averil a quick email: CR7inbloom@gmail.com