Please see below the Minutes of this year's Annual General Meeting and note the dates for your diary at the end!
THORNTON HEATH COMMUNITY ACTION TEAM
MINUTES OF THE ANNUAL GENERAL MEETING
HELD ON 17TH JANUARY 2017 AT COSTA COFFEE -
THORNTON HEATH HIGH STREET
1. Welcome and Apologies
- Linda welcomed past and new members to the meeting, including those from Thornton Heath Arts Week (THAW) and all attendees introduced themselves briefly.
- Apologies were received from the Rev Catherine, Humayun Kabir and Angela.
2. Election of Committee
The following people were elected/re-elected to the Committee:
- Chair - Linda Watson
- Vice Chairs - Andrea Perry, Mohammed Mir
- Secretary - Chris Milton
- Web Designer - Vân Dang
- Project Manager - Pete Lawrence
- Barbara Benjamin
- Gaetane Jones
- Treasurer - David Fell expressed his wish to relinquish this office but agreed to continue temporarily.
ACTION Mohammed Mir to speak to Humayun Kabir re Treasurer's role.
Linda offered a vote of thanks to the Committee and Councillors.
David Fell distributed the most recent accounts as at 11/4/2015 shown below. He explained the difference between "restricted funds" which have been received from bids and can only be spent for specific purposes, and "unrestricted funds" which can be used as we wish.
Our bank account with Barclays is not very good. It was set up by Amy who is no longer involved but has the bank statements. Communication with Barclays, whoare very inflexible, has proved difficult, so a new account needs to be set up, probably with Nat West.
The following people agreed to be account signatories: David Fell, Linda Watson, Andrea Perry and Pete Lawrence.
Thornton Heath Community Action Team Accounts Financial Year 2015/16
|Capital Clean Up Grant||£ 1,490.00|
|Paddypower Grant||£ 500.00|
|Govia Thameslink Grant||£ 49.58|
|Public Donations||£ 70.67|
|Whetherspoons Donation||£ 250.00|
|Clocktower and Ambassador House Cleanups||£1,487.92|
|Christmas Tree, Lights and Decorations||£ 506.79|
|Stations Lighting||£ 49.58|
|Opening Balance||£ -||£ -|
|Total funds carried forward||-£4.71||£ 39.34|
ACTION David Fell to circulate current financial balance as soon as possible.
4. VISION TO ACTION
The meeting split into groups to turn the "Vision" from the last meeting into "Action Plans" for the 3 areas: Streets, Parks and High Street. The groups leaders and project manager, Pete, then fed back to the meeting. The outcome will be circulated separately as a new "Vision 2017" document.
5. WARD BUDGETS AND BIDS
- THCAT's bed to the People's Health Trust (incorporating most of our streets vision) passed stage 1 and the stage 2 deadline is 18 January.Sucessful applicants will be notified in about 12 weeks.
- It was agreed that Humayun Kabir's ward budget would fund the Chronicle until the end of April.There should also be some funding left for paint.
- Mohammed Mir reported that the Mosque community was happy with the Chronicle.
- Jamie Audsley's funding allocation has yet to be decided but he says there is no rush to decide what is is to be spent on
6. GAETANE'S CLEANING ACTIONS
This item was held over to the next meeting because of lack of time.
7. DATE OF NEXT MEETING
The next meeting will be held on Tuesday 28th February 7-8.30pm - venue to be confirmed.
8. OTHER DATES FOR YOUR DIARY
- Projects Sub-Group - Saturday 4th February 10.30am at Costa Coffee
- Parks Action looking at Trumble Gardens, Grangewood Park and Thornton Heath Rec - Saturday 11th February - meet 10am at Trumble Gardens
- In Bloom 2017 Prize Giving - Wednesday 19th July - time and venue to be confirmed.